About Lube City ® Express Oil Change
Lube City is a family-owned and operated business. The family are involved “hands on” in the day to day operations. Lube City Express Oil Change currently has 27 locations. Nine in Edmonton, one in Sherwood Park, one in Leduc, one in Stony Plain, one in Beaumont, one in Fort Saskatchewan, one in St. Albert, one in Whitecourt, three in Calgary, one in Strathmore, one in Brooks, one in Cochrane, one in Airdrie, one in Blackfalds, two in Grande Prairie and one in Drayton Valley.
Lube City Head Office is located in Edmonton. All management and administrative functions are done out of Head Office for Edmonton and Calgary. Lube City Express Oil Change is an equal opportunity employer, with approximately 200 employees. We offer above industry average wages, health and dental plans; therefore are fortunate to have many long-term employees.
Lube City is AMA Alberta Motor Association approved. We are also an AMA Battery Replacement Centre. We’re fully computerized at all locations with state-of-the-art equipment that allows all stores to communicate with each other as well as a Central System located at Head Office. Lube City Express Oil Change is very environmentally conscious, and has been the leader in the industry for the recycling of used oil, filters, cardboard etc.
All Lube City Express Oil Change’s are corporate stores that are privately owned and operated. We are a growing company that is aggressively seeking new locations for expansion. We have now started franchising both new and select existing locations and we are presently taking working business partners in certain locations.
History & Milestones
- August 1990 – the Kallis’, along with a partner, started in business as Lube City with 2 stores in Regina and one in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- February 1992 – the Kallis’ purchased two Lube City Express Oil Change locations in Edmonton, Alberta.
- April 1995 – Lube City Express Oil Change Alberta built and opened a new store in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
- October 1995 – the Kallis’ sold their interests in the Saskatchewan properties to concentrate on the Alberta stores.
- October 1996 – built and opened a new store (Castledowns) in Edmonton, Alberta.
- September 1998 – purchased 2 locations in Calgary, Alberta (Formerly McQuicks Auto Lube).
- June 2000 – built and opened a new store in Calgary, Alberta (Glenmore Trail and 32 Street, SE).
- July 2000 – Lube City Express Oil Change expanded to Leduc, Alberta with the purchase of Maverick Lube & Wash.
- June 2002 – Lube City Express Oil Change launches its new website and a customer loyalty membership program.
- March 2003 – Lube City Express Oil Change opens its 9th location in Cochrane, Alberta.
- April 2004 – Lube City Express Oil Change opens its 10th location in Stony Plain, AB. Grand Opening celebrations on May 15th.
- September 2004 – Lube City Express oil change unveils it’s Franchising program to include new and existing franchises.
- September 2005 – Opened our eleventh location in Beaumont, Alberta.
- April 2006 – Opened 12th Location in Strathmore, Alberta.
- June 2006 – Opened 13th Location in Whitecourt, Alberta.
- June 2006 – Opened 14th location in Brooks, Alberta.
- October 2006 – Opened 15th location on Roper Road and 75th Street in Edmonton, Alberta.
- February 2007 – Purchased Brooks Lube and Alignment, now Lube City’s second location in Brooks Alberta and 16th in Total locations.
- April 2007 – Opened 17th location in Harvest Hills in the Northwest part of Calgary.
- April 2008 – Purchased All-Trans Fast Lube at 4833 Macleod Trail SW in Calgary and relocated their shop at 9253 Macleod Trail SW to this new address.
- March 2009 – Opened 18th location in St. Albert.
- July 2010 – Proud to be selected as an AMA Approved Battery Change Location Centre
- September 2011 – Lube City is proud to announce the opening of its 19th and 20th locations in Fort Saskatchewan and Airdrie. Thank you to The Record newspaper in Fort Saskatchewan for featuring us in this article.
- September 2013 – Lube City is proud to announce the opening of its 21 location at 640 Manning Crossing in North East Edmonton.
- March 2014 –Due to the construction of the Glenmore Trail Overpass, the City of Calgary, reclaimed back the land at our location at 3200 Glenmore Trail SE in Calgary. Please visit us at our other 3 Calgary locations.
- May 2014 – Lube City is proud to announce the opening of its location in Blackfalds, Alberta.
- June 2014 – Lube City is proud to announce the opening of its 22nd location at 16525 – 50 Street in Northeast Edmonton.
- July 2014– Lube City is proud to announce the purchase of the three Superlube Stores in Grande Prairie, Alberta bringing our Lube City Family up to 25 locations!
- May 2015– Lube City has moved its location at 619 2nd Street West in Brooks, Alberta, to an existing location at 1127 2nd Ave W, in Brooks Alberta. One location in Brooks to serve you better!
- July 2015 – Lube City is proud to announce the opening of a new location in Drayton Valley, Alberta
- June 2016 – Lube City® is proud to open a new location in Calgary at 116 Country Village Rd.NE. This is our 26th location in Alberta
- August 2016 – Our location at 4833 Macleod Trail South has closed, please visit us at our other Calgary locations
- November 2016 – Lube City is proud to announce the opening of its 26th location at 1272 Webber Greens Drive in Edmonton, Alberta.
- April 2017 – Lube City Express Oil Change proud to announce the opening of its 27th location in Alberta, at 2316-23 Avenue in Edmonton!
- December 2017 – Lube City Express Oil Change proud to announce the opening of its 28th location in Alberta, at 720 Parsons Rd. SW in Edmonton!
- June 2019 – Our location at 9514 – 100 St. in Grande Prairie has closed, please visit us at one of our two other locations.
- November 2019 – Announced a partnership with Motosel Industrial Group Inc. (“Motosel”) and BDC Capital to finance its ownership transition to the second-generation of the Kallis family.